Indian Head Massage
What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage is a relaxing holistic treatment that uses acupressure massage on the head, face, neck and shoulders. The aim of Indian head Massage is to release the stress and tension that has accumulated in the muscles, tissues and joints of areas treated. A variety of techniques such as deep kneading and compression may be used to break down ‘knots’ or ‘adhesions’. This can help to relieve pre-existing feelings of discomfort in tight or over-used muscles which can be caused by daily stress.
What can Indian Head Massage help with?
- Stress / anxiety
- Eye strain
- Muscular tension
- Promote hair growth
What can I expect from my Indian Head Massage treatment?
Each treatment will last approx 30mins.
Before the first treatment a consultation is conducted to check for any contra indications (conditions that will prohibit you from having the treatment) and to ensure the treatment is individual to the client’s needs.
Indian Head Massage is carried out with you sitting in a comfortable chair or lying down on a treatment couch.
The treatment consists of a range of different massage techniques which cover the upper back, shoulders and arms before moving upwards towards the neck, head, ears and face.
+ Possible reactions
- An increased feeling of awareness, calm, peace, tranquillity
- A feeling of alertness and clarity in mental thought.
- Elevation of mood
- Pain Relief
- Increased joint mobility
+ Benefits of Indian Head Massage
An Indian Head Massage treatment is very beneficial for physical and emotional health. Here are some of it’s benefits:
- Relieving muscle tension, pressure and pain
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Boosts the immune system
- Stimulates scalp and hair growth
- Encourages lymph drainage
- Relieves sinus congestions
- Alleviates mental and emotional stress such as headache and insomnia
- Aids elimination of toxins and waste
- Promotes a restful night’s sleep
- Improves Mood
- Relieves eye strain
+ Aftercare advice
- After an Indian Head Massage it is advisable to go home and relax. This will ensure maximum benefit from the treatment
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid caffeine or alcohol
- Maintain a healthy diet
Following an Indian Head Massage you may experience a number of side effects. These will differ from person to person and are all positive signs of the body bringing itself back into balance.
These may include:
- Needing to sleep or rest
- Feeling emotional
- Increased urination
- Temporary flu-like symptoms